THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas Pop-Balls


Backstory: We had nerf guns. Lots and lots of them. And we fought with them relentlessly when we got them one Christmas, and it continued for years. It is a classic family memory of my dad, holding two nerf guns in the belt of his robe like holsters, and beating our candy-asses with the nerf guns. It was one of those things that defines a lifetime.

There are also photos in the family album that I don't have access to (digitally) of me shoving a ping pong ball in my mouth and then laying on top of my dad and trying to put it into his mouth. I was about Finn's age, and the images are funnier than the calico shag carpeting.

Needless to say, I bought some popguns for Chris, Erin and Finn so we could remember my Dad on Xmas, and Finn took quite a shine to them. More than I would have anticipated. The balls were shot only a few times (once in my face by Chris by accident), and then all the fun was had by Finn.

Hmmm, what can I do with these things?

The yellow one tastes pretty good.


What does the red one taste like?

OK, now let's trade.

These have a great consistency. Are you sure they're not food?

I think the red one tastes the best.

Well, maybe the yellow... I can't decide.

They're just so delicious. Daddy, will you help me decide?

Well now you're just being silly.

You keep the yellow one, and I'll chew on the red for a while. Then we can trade.




0 comments: