THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pumpkin Farm Day

This is a picture of a boy who thinks he is very excited to go to the Pumpkin Farm.

This is what he looked like inside the pumpkin farm.

As you can see, he didn't like it very much. Of course, I was heartbroken. Halloween is my favorite holiday, I love it much more than Christmas, and the pumpkin patch visit is my most looked forward to holiday tradition. I was SO disappointed.

We spent less than an hour at the farm altogether because he never stopped crying. He was terrified of the animatronic things (understandably) that were everywhere, and he was suspicious of everyone and everything because they scared him so much.

Tom and I had planned a weekend day to go, but Finn barfed his breakfast that day, so I had to take him myself. Because of this, I brought the wagon to help carry the pumpkins and to keep him from getting crowd claustrophobia. He did not sit in the wagon AT ALL, but I had to drag it with me everyplace, and couldn't go into the petting zoo and other parts of the farm he would like because I didn't want to leave it outside unattended. I carried him in the Mei Tai the whole time, and was sorely disappointed by the whole trip.


This face says, 'mommy, get me out of here.'

Once we packed up to go and he got his little punkin, he was very happy, though.


I passed a farm stand that sold pumpkins that looked cute, and I was determined to stop and have a fun day with Finn. It was much lower key and turned out to be a great decision! He loved the bunnies.

And he REALLY loved the chickens.




Click here to listen to him talking to them.



I found some unpasteurized unprocessed apple cider (SO hard to find), as well as some good, fresh farmstand jams, pickles, and some mums to decorate the house with. It turned out to be a fun little excursion, after all, which made me feel much better.


0 comments: