THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, November 21, 2008

Mister Manners

We've gotten very good about saying please, and he does the sign as well (dragging an open flat hand across the upper chest).

We're working on 'thank you', and he will do it for Chuck, but has only done it for me once or twice and then stopped again. I tell ya, the power of peer pressure starts so early-- he hears the trips doing it and follow suit without any prodding at all! Maybe Chuck is just a better parent than I am, too, who knows?!?!?!

'I'm sorry' is not even close to coming. He won't say it, and gets really angry. He is very willful, and though we broke him of tantrums MONTHS ago, they are back with hitting both himself, and YOU in the face. We've had to take to some physical restraint (to avoid injury to all parties) and time outs, and are hoping this will work quickly. I hate doing it, and often have a time out and a few tears, myself, after the big ones. The terrible twos are rearing their ugly head (just in time), and I'm hoping I'm up for the challenge! Time to get tougher!

Anyhow, here is some 'please' and some play time! You can see him doing the sign if you look for it. It's good to know he listened to those videos and could at least understand us, even if he never used his signs to talk back to us.

0 comments: