THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lazy Mom

Sorry, I have been really horrible at keeping up. We're all moved in, but still don't have internet on my computer, which is where we keep all the pictures and my whole life, so I don't have anything new for you yet-- soon, though soon. And I have some Halloween pics and stories for you as well as some stuff from before the move.

Finn is turning into a lanky little boy before my very eyes. In just a few short weeks he seems to have grown into, and is now growing OUT OF all of his Christmas and Birthday gifts from last year! He's so very tall and thin. Like his mother was, and not so unlike his cousin Sammy soup. It really will be interesting to see who he looks more like as he grows, because there are so many similarities.

One difference, though, are his vocal skills. He makes a lot of noise, but not as many words as I would like him to. Mind you, he's quite average in his development, and seemingly all boy because he sees the world as a giant jungle gym, and has no interest whatsoever in talking, words, or being read to.

I'm also not one of those 'on top of' moms who is all up in their kids face about everything. I know he's a bright kid, and I want him to find his own way and teach him at his own speed instead of mine. Tom and I have very different ideas about education and teaching than most couples these days, so I find that those who cram learning down their kids' throats look down at me for not being more 'into' it.

But, I am who I am, and we're moving along. He knows most of his letters, but won't tell you about them unless he hears other kids doing it, or is in the right mood. He knows a lot more words than he lets on as well, and it's really a battle of the wills to get him to use them. Just this week we mastered 'thank you', which he has signing for over a year now. He has known what it meant all this time, and knows what it means, but wouldn't even try to say it until properly, diligently, and significantly motivated to do so.

He is a very stubborn boy, which of course he got from me. I suppose my dad is laughing at me from beyond as I struggle to show Finn who is boss.

He also REALLY likes to slam doors, turn off light switches, and hit things. He REALLY enjoys kissing me with such vigor that he slams his head into mine with affection. He also does these great climbing hugs wherein he starts on your chest and climbs onto your head. Don't be fooled by his attempts at affection-- they're all just ploys to hit or climb on you. Like I said, he's all boy.

We're really into cars, boats, and choo-choos these days. Pulling up at a train crossing is like he won the lottery, and from the wails afterwards, you'd think he won but then lost his ticket.

And we're also on our second old-school butcher block hacked up mommy hairstyle. His hair is thin and wispy but curly and cute. It's getting darker and thicker, but if it gets too long, it just hangs all limp, so I keep cutting it into layers to promote the curls. But don't worry, no traditional boy haircuts here, we're way too cool for those. :)

OK, enough for now. My little man needs a snack and some quiet time before bed-- which he tells you he wants to go to now by going upstairs and waiting for you in his room. Too cute!

1 comments:

Crazz said...

I think you don't "cram" learning down his throat because he is already smarter than all of us! Besides, even if he wasn't smart, he's cute enough to get by just on his looks!