THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

He's come around...

So, after all that scariness with Finn's language vacation, we seem to have turned a corner. Though he went a few months without learning more than a few words total, he's learned about 10-15 in the last week or two.

Chuck and Meva turned us on to some awesome videos for language development, and now he says letters, numbers, words, and even tries to count and sing the alphabet song! I also worked with him really hard to boost his motivation to learn more words and it really helped.

I took Finn to see Dr. Zooooooom, my OB and his ped. for a while, and ha all but laughed when I told him my concerns. Finn is NEVER quiet, ans was making sounds all through his visit. I guess pre-word sounds are a good marker of progress, and not just the words-- whcih is a huge relief. Finn is literally not quiet all day (much like I was), so that's really encouraging.

The doc says boys are slower than girls as a general rule, and that Finn was more than on target. He also rold me stay off the internet child development sites! While we were there, Finn even said a new word-- coat.

So, we're not too worried anymore, and if it wasn't so difficult to get him in to be screened, we'd do it anyhow just as a precaution. But my life is 10x crazy right now, and Tom's working 60 hours a week, so it's no dice. Maybe when things are little more manageable, we'll get him checked out, but it's likely by then, this will be a distant memory. :)

2 comments:

Myer Monster said...

Considering Christopher repeated kindergarten, and I myself failed the kindergarten screening, I think you have nothing to worry about. We're just slow to start.

Crazz said...

I don't care how it happened, but I'm glad you've finally accepted that he is doing fine and moving at his own pace. By the end of the summer you will long for these days of peace!!