THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Talkin' the talk

Finn's language development is improving. He had words, like mee mee for mommy, and chees for cheese, and a few others, but doesn't use them that often. Instead, he is trying to say whole sentences but smashing them into one long word. It's awesome and cute.

I spend most of my day yelling at Murrey (a long story), and Finn tries to mimic me saying 'go-ay' for away, 'ay-own' for lay down, 'itchy, itchy' for kitchen, and many others. It's really cute. I wonder if he will skip right into sentences, it will be interesting to watch.

He also walks around most of the day hollering his gobbledygook at us in his own little language, and really isn't quiet unless he is sleeping. He will definitely be a talker, but we knew that. Tom and I are both pretty talkative.

He also mounts Bromo, and moreso since we got back from California. He misses Shamrock, who is a puppy and really into playing-- much more than my dogs are. Bromo is old and fat and Murrey is a neurotic spaz who spends all day combing the house for Finn's leftovers, hanging out under where I am walking, and perpetually trying to get on the 'other' side of the gate, no matter which gate. Anyway, I keep trying to get a picture, because it's so cute, but haven't been able to yet. Finn sits on him as if she has a saddle, and bounces up and down, and Bromo just lays there with his cow eyes looking old, tired, and very very patient.

0 comments: