THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 22, 2008

Peeled like a carrot

In the tub yesterday, Finn smashed his toys together, and promptly started screaming. It took a minute to figure out what was wrong, but his thumb was bleeding. Upon closer inspection, a large flap of skin was hanging (about the size and width of a carrot peel) from his thumb, and went from the tip to the base of his finger. This hurt him very much, and I could not use a band-aid, because the sticky parts would stick to the wound.

So, I got dressed and RAN to the Walgreens to get pain relief spray, and those 'blister' band-aids, which are awesome. They morph to your finger and don't stick or tear off. You can leave them on for days, are comfortable, and they work really well. I use them when I use the sharp knives and cut my fingers open instead of stitches. I'm not allowed to use those anymore.

Anyway, I still have NO IDEA how this happened, and have inspected the toys, the tub, the spout, and the drain with no results. It still hurts him, and is still pretty gross looking, but today he chewed off the bandage, so it must feel a little better. I will put another one on him later on, and keep it on there as long as I can so he doesn't tear it open again.

Honestly, this kid!!

Oh, and on a lighter note, when he sees or hears a train, he says CHOO CHOO. I think this might be the first word other than the basics. It's really cute.

0 comments: