THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The dinner roll debacle

I was so exasperated the other night! I bought a brand new package of dinner rolls, and set them out for dinner on the dining room table. I planned on packaging most of them, and freezing them for use with some frozen homemade pesto sauce (Tom) for a fast pasta dinner.

I swear, I only left for a MOMENT, and when I came back in, there were 6 rolls placed neatly on a shelf in my hutch, right at Finn's height. The bag was on the floor, apparently having been thrown from the table which Finn climbed onto, and Murrey was feasting on the rest. The six rolls Finn had gotten to ALL had one bite taken out of them. Just one. The little snot. I would have killed him if I wasn't laughing so hard.

Here is the evidence.

The scene of the crime. This is the chair he moved to climb onto the table. Can you see a roll behind his head? Click to enlarge the picture.

Here he is stacking them and placing them 'just so', as well the package of compromised dinner rolls on the floor.

Here are the rolls, and Finn walking away, satisfied with their placement.

Here are the rolls with incriminating bites, placed on the dining room table for contrast.

A close up of his tasty handywork.

2 comments:

Crazz said...

Awesome. You should still have frozen them for pesto pasta later. How cool would that have been to have a roll with a chomp out of it.

-Mev

helene8011 said...

I love reading your blog precisely for the absolute joy you express in Finn. I wish more mothers spent time thinking like your posts instead of being exasperated for the sake of conversation and ignoring that their kids can hear every bit they say. So rock on supermomma.