THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Legoland Part Deux

So, here are the pics I took with the CRAPPY disposable camera because I forgot mine. Well, I didn't forget it, so much as Tom moved it and it was tucked away in the bottom of my travel diaper bag and neither of us knew it was there-- that somehow makes it worse. I'm such a picture snob, and I hated being limited, and not being able to re-shoot things. Oh well, here it is, the rest of legoland.

Finny was a race car driver....
(that's a primus song... sorry, not a very accessible joke)

These are pics of him in the Little Explorers village where kids could run and climb and scream, and play. He went over and under and all around, and had a wonderful time.



Already he's a democrat, and we're so proud. Riding the donkey off into the sunset.
Vote Obama.

Here it is folks, that awful picture that I have feared since giving birth. Some fat lady (me) in an awful hat and baggy tshirt pointing at the camera for the amusement of her son, frozen in time in all my unkempt motherly glory. Note the double chin. Oh well, we can't be lovely forever. Maybe I will be a hot grandma.

We were on the train ride, which he both loved, and feared. But insisted on riding twice, both days we were there.


Hello??? Is anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me.... is there anyone home?

ROOOOOAAARRRRRR!
Sorry I cut off the lion's head-- I once again blame the camera.

Tom and his buddy, Einstein. His giant head was really something.
I mean Tom's, not Al's. His was magnificent.

This is a lego Big Apple Skyline, complete with Lady Liberty. It was neat.

It's hard to see it, but this is the daytona 500 track, complete with moving cars, and hundreds upon hundreds of lego people all unique (and redneck) in the stands. It was really something to see the level of detail with the crowd, and once again, I was angry I didn't have my camera to capture more of the detail.

Finn and his new Chum.
No pun intended.
(groan~)

Finn and the firemen. At one point we saw this odd looking lego-man (not these) and were commenting on how it was not made of legos and that was odd, and then it moved toward us scared me nearly to death! It was very creepy, and apparently there was a person in a costume, but they blended in so well with all of the replicas, that I missed it. It was funny!


Here is a Lego replica of that awesome war memorial that I am ashamed to say I've forgotten the name of. But it was really a cool thing to see with such detail so small.

Finn and the King, I mean, his father. The king of dorks.

These busts were pretty cool, despite my mockery. I like Marilyn Monroe and Winston Churchill the best.

I never knew Legos could think.

These were so cool. the level of accuracy with LEGOS in the reproduction was amazing. I mean, it's probably really lame if you've ever seen real art of this calibre, but I'm an uncultured schmuck who never will, so the legos really did it for me.



Told you, crappy disposable camera. Sorry.

Bob the Builder!!! Finn likes him.

On the boat ride to see all the miniature towns.

The Miniature Taj Majal. These things were really so cool. The pictures really don't do them justice. The detail was amazing.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

that is so friggen cool!!! where is legoland?