THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Old and Unattractive


I did it, I became a 'mom'. Though I feel more like a lunch lady. I don't think I will ever get checked out again, and it makes me feel old, sad, and like putting on a hairnet and not shaving my legs or pits anymore. I bough at (gasp) MINIVAN.

Yep, I bought a Kia Sedona-- I know, why Kia? Cuz it rated better than most of it's competitors and is safe with a great price. It is in the top of the mid-priced category, and has 5 star safety ratings all around. It is ugly and white, but has leather interior for easy poop and puke cleanup (there goes that hairnet craving again...). It has 35K miles on it and is a bit bruised, but it has a bumper to bumper 5 year or 60K mile warranty, and 100K mile power train warranty. I only paid $10K for it, and I think that is pretty good.

I got it all by myself, and was very proud. Though I cried when I realized the only person I wanted to call and tell about it was my dad. He was sort of a car collector and really appreciated good deals. I miss him at the oddest times, and I miss him so sharply. I suppose this is what it means to lose someone you love, and it is lonely. Anyway, I hope he's proud of me from his seat next to Steve Irwin in the cosmos... and that he doesn't think I should stop shaving and wear a housecoat.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be really hard to have such a beautiful child and miss sharing this experience with his grandfather. Your entry tonight brought me to tears.

Mev