THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Today

Sorry, things have been crazy. At the end of last month I had 3 births in one week, and then 3 post-partum checkups, and the list goes on.... so I've been away. :)

A short little news bit is that Finn has pink eye. He's been very upset, and I've been just as upset when I give him the eye drops. But when I ask him, he tells me he still loves me each time, so I guess it's OK even if he does keep his distance for a while after I hold him down and squirt stuff in his eyes...

Here's a recap of the last 48 hours or so...

In the morning, he woke early and climber into our bed to harrass us into waking up like he usually does. I coaxed him back to sleep for a little but, and when he awoke, Daddy had left for work already. Finn woke up and said, "where's my bink?", which he still gets at bedtime and had left in his room. He then got out of bed, went and got it, and then made me help him put it away because 'Its not night night time, mom'. Then he went back into my room, looked at me very seriously and said "Daddy far away. He at work." It was very cute.

I knew he wasn't feeling well when we went for a wagon walk to the park (two of his favorite things) and he had his hands over his eyes and whimpered the whole time, and then wouldn't play on the slides at all. Then I took him for his first ice cream cone (because he tells me about ice cream cones all the time), and he hardly ate any. He DID, however, eat a bunch of potato chips, instead. His menu choices continue to baffle me. By the time we got home he had rubbed his eyes raw, and they were so swollen you could hardly see his lids. Poor kid. And I had to close all the blinds in the house because the light hurt his eyes.

So, we made a doctors appt the next day. On the way he kept on crying because it was 'too bwight'. But when we hit a patch of construction with tons of weaving and traffic cones, he felt well enough to exclaim, "Mommy has a RACECAR!" which was hilarious.

Then, after our pink eye diagnosis, on the way home, he started paraphrasing the movie Tarzan. It's one of his faves, but it's been over a month since we put it in. His favorite part (click to view) is where Tarzan (after a wild baboon chase) are introducing themselves. Finn said to me "No, no, no (throat clear) I'm Jane." Clear as day, and with hand movements. It proves that he has really been paying attention, and it was so cute.

Then once we got home, I tried to put him down for a nap, but he was too miserable to sleep. I left him up there for a while, to at least play quietly in his room, and I picked up the house. As is my habit, I set some things that needed to be put away outside his door, to take care of them when he woke up. When I went back upstairs a while later, a mischevious little monkey had taken all the things I left outside his door onto his changing table, and taken all the blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals from his room and put them there instead. It was so adorable, I laughed out loud and took him downstairs for more eyedrops and a little Tarzan.

I hope this pink eye goes away soon! And I will post some more updates in teh next few days, since all my plans have been cancelled until this clears up!!!

0 comments: