THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Out of Order

Finn's speech development is coming along. I admit, I worry because his physical development was so early (and remains ahead of the curve) and his speech is just average.

He has a hard time with hard consonant sounds, but seems to have to no interest in learning. He also doesn't really seem frustrated by his lack of ability to communicate with us, so I guess he's just not motivated.

However, as usual, he's doing things his own way. He is skipping things like shapes, colors, animals, and other basics, and can tell you about all kinds of weather, and description words. I don't understand how he can skip the nouns and move on to the adjectives, and abstract things, but he seems to be doing that.

He says rain, snow, sun, c-c-c-cold, silly, outside, pretty, and some other things, for example, but won't say home, chair, red, blue, square, or circle. He does, however, completely understand the concept of possession, and tells us all day long that everything is 'mine'.

He's an interesting kid, and he makes us laugh every day with his nonsense. I can't wait until he can talk to us better, but I suppose I will just have to!

0 comments: