THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Keeping up with the Toddler

So, Finn has lots of new tricks and I've been bad about documenting them all because I have been so busy studying and helping out friends, and Tom has been working so much.... you know, I got lost in life for a bit.

But now that I have a moment, here we go.

Finn can sign: wash hands, diaper, eat, drink, hat, coat, shoes, dog, fish, and wash (for bath or shower).

Finn can tell you where: his belly is, his nose is, his ears are, where 'Finny' is, and where the dogs are. at all times. If we're not at home, he points at the door to leave.

We don't have any words yet (he spends most of his time exploring his world with his hands) but his comprehension is good, and he understands who most people are (that we see frequently), what it means to go outside, go for a ride, watch 'Snook' or 'Word World' on PBS (thank heaven for Tivo). He also responds to questions by pointing and grunting a lot.

He has four molars, four top teeth, and three bottom teeth, and god help us, the ones that are bothering him come in soon-- he's been miserable for a week solid! He won't let me look, so I can't tell you what is next, but will let you know when it comes.

He's very vocal with his nonsense words, and he thinks he is talking to me. He is very expressive and it is very cute. He also climbs EVERYTHING all day. He spends most of his days at home on the coffee table throwing toys at the dogs. The poor dogs. He even climbs on poor old Bromo when he is sitting down. But he's a good sport about it and often shows his affection with a good old fashioned face cleaning.

Finn's hair is still a bit thin (like Sammy's), but is getting long in the back with adorable sandy blonde curls. His eyes are still big and blue like mine, and he looks (and acts) just like me. As you can see from the previous videos, he has no trouble with his motor skills like Tom did, and we're glad for that. We will enroll him in soccer, karate, and tumbling as soon as he is old enough, though, just in case.

He's still a bit small (still in 9 month pants and 12 month tops), but proportionate and his next appointment is in June. People often comment that he is so small to be walking, and I laugh, because he's been walking for almost as long as he wasn't by now! He walked at 9 months, so they should have seen how small he looked then! Looks like all those 18 month outfits for his birthday really will come in handy next fall and Christmas! Hah!

He's full of life, stubborn, determined, playful, and FULL of energy. He will keep my hands full, and makes me worry about caring for him and another little one when the time comes... though my mom is asking for the next one, so I guess I'm doing okay as a mom!

I'm almost done studying to get my La Leche League Peer Counselor certification, and in June am taking my Doula workshop. Then in September I am taking my Bradley Childbirth Educator seminar and test, and from there I need to go to some births, write some reports, and start teaching and helping women deliver babies! It's all very exciting. Somewhere in there I've gotta get in shape, and have another baby, too, but all in good time. Finn was so difficult, I'll definitely need rally my troops once I conceive, so that if I get that sick again, I have all the support I need.

Well, enough rambling on for now. Finn is up and smearing lunch all over the floor. Time to go to the park!

0 comments: