THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sir Squints A Lot







Lately Finn has taken to squinting. It' s quite funny, I have nearly no pictures of him not squinting. He has realized that the camera has a flash, and each time the red light goes off, he squints to get ready for it. Sometimes he squints if he even sees the camera at all. You can even see him do it in some of the videos on you tube (link to the right). Talk about Classical conditioning. Wouldn't Pavlov be proud?

Every once in a while he squints one eye more than the other and holds his mouth just so... and he takes my breath away. That is a face my dad made a lot. It brings me to tears immediately to see him in my son. It also reminds me of when my cousin Adam was small, as he made the same faces. It's amazing to me that amidst so much genetic material from so many places, Dad has still found a way to show me himself in my son. And I am grateful. In those moments I miss him so much.

0 comments: