THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Cooing and Grabbing and Growing, Oh My!


Finn is growing so much and so quickly! I would do anything to make him stop! At a La Leche League meeting this week there were 3 babies under a month old, and I was just floored at how tiny those babies were, and I can hardly remember when Finn was that small. That makes me sad, and it also makes me want another baby! This scares Tom and he keeps asking what I did with his wife when I start talking about more kids. It will be a ways in the future, of course, but there will be more children. I think I’m a mommy junkie.



Finn turned 4 months old last weekend, and is weighing in at 14.6 lbs these days. Shockingly over double his birth weight (which they are supposed to reach by 6 months) so he is ahead of the game with his size.

His hair is turning red, which is VERY exciting for both of us, and he has discovered his voice. He spends all day squealing, yelling, and cooing. It’s just adorable and we can’t get enough of it. He also did his first belly laught a week or so ago, which was just amazing, and he also wrinkled his nose while laughing the other day—just like Mommy does! It made my heart melt! He looks so much like daddy it makes me really excited to see him do something like me.


He has really mastered using his hands in the last week. He can now reach for something and grab it straight away, without having to scale where the object is. He likes to grab my hair, glasses, and anything else within reach. He spends so much time on his bouncer or swing just holding onto the toys—he kind of looks like a gymnast. It’s awesome. He also took off Uncle Chris’s hat last week while he was visiting.







He still hasn’t rolled over yet, which surprises me. He is completely capable of doing it, I think he just doesn’t get what fun it will be for him yet. He rolls most of the way over, twists, and hangs out that way instead of completing the turn. It makes me laugh. Here are some pics of Tummy time, to help him strengthen his neck and back muscles.

I also had to include this picture of his ‘concentration face’. Sometimes he works so hard at something he screws up his face

this way and it is so cute. In this one he is on his bouncer trying to figure out how to get to the moving fish in the display while kicking the crap out of the plastic hanging fish.

We went on our first picnic while the weather was nice last weekend, and he just loved the way the breeze felt. It was the first time he felt a breeze on his bare skin because it was warm enough for him to be out without a blanket on. He really seemed to take it all in, and he slept like crazy that afternoon because he was so worn out!

We also took him to a candlelight bowl last week for a fundraising event, and he did surprisingly well. He likes loud places, and really liked the lights and music. He did not, however, care for the smoke, and after a while he was on sensory overload and I had to rock him to sleep in the mei tai (baby carrier that saved my life that is the best invention EVER, check out babyhawk.com for an example). I did a lot of bowling with him on my hip, though, and did astonishingly better with him than without. It was an exciting experience for all of us.

I will close with a pic of Daddy n Finn hanging out after work. I will post more soon. I hope the weather stays nice, because we are definitely looking forward to more picnics!

Love to all!

Team Curry

0 comments: