THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Smiley boy



Okay, I guess it's time for a real update. Finnegan is 3.5 months old now, and quite the looker. He has been standing with assistance since about two months and has started shuffling his feet a bit now as if he wants to walk. Slow down! He has also realized recently that his feet do things, and he has enjoyed kicking the ball on his playmat with vigor. His favorite punching bag, though, is still mommy. Especially my boobs. And I thought they were sore when I was pregnant-- hah!

He has been social smiling now for about 3-5 weeks, and that is just the most awesome thing ever! It seems like he is always smiling now, except when he is crying. Which is also often. Here's a pic.


Another new development is his ability to reach for, grab onto, and hold items. He's getting better and better at indicating what he wants and reaching for it. About a week ago, he reached out to pet Bromo and grabbed his head all on his own. It was so sweet, and as usual, Bromo didn't even get up.

He hasn't rolled over yet, but I don't give him long. He makes it about 2/3 of the way over and stops to look around. I think he has the muscle development to do it, but doesn't understand what it will do for him if he goes all the way over. I don't think it will take him long to figure out the advantages to rolling, though. I'm sure he'll roll off his first piece of furniture in the coming weeks, and I will cry harder than he will.

Finn can also lean toward you and reach if he wants you, which is very sweet, and quite endearing. Another recent trick is arching his back. I know it doesn't sound like much, but he gets into quite a heft of trouble with this one, especially in the tub. He has learned how to arch and scoot in such a manner that he can move himself clear of his little bath chair and into the water. He's nose dived into the water 5 or 6 times now, and each time cries like crazy while the water drains from his nose. I wonder when he will learn cause and effect? He loves the tub, and has been trying to put his head under the water since his first bath. I think I have a little swimmer on my hands. I look forward to swimming classes with him in a few months. I bought him adorable little swim trunks with bugs on them for grandma's pool and swimming classes. I can't wait for him to wear them! Though I'm less excited about putting on my own swim suit....

He' s not quite teething yet either, but eight teeth are visible through his gums now, and he's drooling like crazy and ALWAYS has his hand in his mouth. I know it's coming soon. My nipples look forward to it. :)

Well, I think this is all for now. Enjoy the April snow. It brings May.... grow? show? dough? Your guess is as good as mine. This weather sucks. Ta Ta for now!

1 comments:

Crazz said...

I can't wait to see him again. That's so awesome that he's smiling socially---there is nothing like that feeling the first time you child smiles at you because you got him to smile!