THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, August 10, 2009

Train Table (dun dun DONE)

We finished it!!! Poppa and Grandma went out of town with Sammy and Finn, which gave me the time what finish what Tom so lovingly crafted all those months ago for Finn's birthday! We designed it together, and Tom built it all himself. Then I did the painting, finishing, and gluing down of the tracks. The only thing we bought was the actual train set because I wanted one that was magnetic. It has two tracks, three trains, zoo animals it can carry, two train stations and some other accessories.

He should be home any minute, I hope he likes it!


I think this is a Finn's eye view.
Some detail, with my trees, grass, and fluffy clouds.


Doesn't it look fun????

iA birds eye view of the whole set.


I even included an airplane for good measure!


And a picket fence with a horse out to pasture, as well!


Here is the train station with peeps waiting for a ride. They fit in the cars, too.

another train I affixed to the side for show.

These are good shots of the 'topographical' look I was going for with the water and the trees and the sand.


I bought him a Finn train! Isn't it awesome!?

a birds eye view of the whole scene.

one of the sides.

Because I am a dork, the bricks matched up on each side.

Putting on the finishing touches!


1 comments:

CC said...

I love your blog! I have one for Emma too: http://emmaceline.blogspot.com :)

You're much better about posting than I am - I've reduced it to once a month because I just can't motivate myself to post more often!

Finn is such a little character, I love that he was sucking on the hot dog bits for HOURS! LOL!