THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Some more new things

Finn is starting the mimicking phase, and repeats a lot of what we say, and what he hears on TV. Now those Preschool Prep videos are really helping out a lot! He also says, 'gimme a sandwich', 'share the pie, don't eat the pie', and 'I can't fly', among several other things.

This morning, he joined me in bed to beat me about the head and neck as my usual wake up call, and he said, 'where's dad? It's okay mom. Dad's at work'. Then he said (and he does this often), 'where's Sammy? Where's Poppa? At Poppa's house.'

So, he's obviously starting to talk in sentence-like structures, and still counts, but not necessarily in order anymore. Now numbers just make him excited.

He also takes like items and lines them up. So, if your shoes are out, they're often all in a line, perfectly straight. He also takes the 3 N's from his name which is carved into a stool and lines them up all over the house. I find them in the tub, the kitchen, under the couch, on the fireplace, etc. He still hides things a lot, which is VERY frustrating since I always seem to be in such a hurry.... which is why it's been over a month since my last post. What can I say? Starting a business, teaching a class, and managing a family are hard work!

Another Example of his stacking abilities.


We were going to start potty training, but Tom is a little nervous. Having watched my mom potty train two younger siblings, and countless cousins, and talking to other moms and dads, I have a pretty good idea of where to start, but Tom doesn't have this experience. I tried to explain my plan to him, but he still asks lots of questions and wanted to get a book. He's reading it now. It says a few things I didn't know, but for the most part, seems to say all of the things I wanted to try-- but maybe it's just better at explaining them!

Either way, Finn is showing some signs of being ready for pee, but not poop, and we will be starting sometime soon. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Mev said...

Elmo potty time video for Finn.

Collins said...

We have it, and a book. He's not showing signs of being too interested yet.