THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Hunger Strike is over

In the last week or so, Finn has been very sick. He had 103 temp on and off for several days (but mostly on), and was so miserable all he did was cry, nurse, and sleep. He is thankfully, all better now, but he was all diarreah, runny noses, and high fever for about a week. We were beginning to wean him before this, but thankfully I still had milk, because he stopped eating entirely and only nursed. It was good that he was able to get complete nutrition, and it was cool that he seemed to know that was what he needed to get better faster.

Well, he started eating solids again yesterday, but is taking his time. I suppose the weaning is just going to take longer now, but I was glad to have been able to feed him that way while he was sick. Being a parent to a really sick child is a very powerless feeling, and this made me feel like I was helping, and not just watching him suffer.

Murrey, this is MY banana. Get your nose away from it!

Mmmmmm... food.




Boy, is this delicious!

Murrey, get away! I dropped it, I didn't give it to you!

Oh, and then he stole my chocolate bar later on! Stupid me set it down, and then it was his. I let him have some, since he hadn't eaten in so long, and he seemed to think it was bliss.

I think this is face most of us wish we could make when eating chocolate. Complete with the eyes rolling back into the head.

1 comments:

Myer Monster said...

Oh my god that picture of him rolling his eyes into the back of his head while he's eating the chocolate bar is awesome. That's kinda how I feel too sometimes when I eat it.