THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, November 23, 2009

Tumbling and Periscopes

OK, it's been FOREVER. Sorry, I'm doing my best! Finn and I just had a sweet evening and I thought I'd tell you about it.

He told me 'you're the best mommy ever!' and it was so sweet I almost cried. Then in the tub, he put his helicopter under the water and told me it had a PERISCOPE. I made him say it again, but he sure said, it and he knows they're on submarines. I almost fell over.

This is coming off of his pooping in the tub yesterday which was SO GROSS-- I totally thought he'd grown out of that!

He tells us about animals all day, and asks when we're going to the zoo, or the ZOOT (depending what day it is). And he always wants to 'play animals', where he tells you what to be, and you play appropriately. He also sings a few songs, and likes to 'mashup' the songs so they'er all one big mess.

He's doing well in tumbling, and can almost do the balance beam with no help at all, which is advanced for his age. The teacher says there's only one other girl in class who can do it, and she's 4! I really think I have a little track star/soccer player/base jumper on my hands, lol! I want to encourage it as much as possible, but am having trouble looking for classes for kids his age that meet more than once a week and will be more challenging than the park district. In another year or so, we'll do some martial arts, and maybe Irish Dancing, and then we'll be moving into the years of t-ball and soccer!

I'll post some pics later tonight since Tom is working late. Let me put my boy to sleep, now. Night!

0 comments: