THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, November 9, 2007

DANGERous Activities


Yes, my son DID hurt himself again. I tell you, this kid is going to give me a coronary. When I was a childless person, and I would hear moms talking about how rambunctious or hyperactive their kids were, or how often they got hurt, I judged them. I thought, "You just must not be a very good mother." I suppose I wasn't really aware I was doing that, but I did think that I would NEVER run into those same problems, because I am me, and well, because bad things can't happen to me (yeah, right).

Well, now I have a really daredevil kid who is into EVERYTHING and gets hurt all the time, and I feel ashamed that I'm not living up to my own standards. I guess what you don't realize when you don't have any kids, is that proximity and mothering have nothing to do with whether your kid gets hurt or not. You can be literally 6 inches away and not be able to stop them from falling down, or pulling something onto their head, or a whole variety of other dangerous activities. Like watching them fall headlong into a piece of exercise equipment, and then cleaning up a quarter inch bloody gash from their forehead. Like I did this week. Thankfully, he did not need stitches.

Well, such is par for the course, I guess. Motherhood truly is an adventure. Especially with Finn. I suppose we named him aptly.

0 comments: